RIVER RAFTING – HARTBEESPOORT
River Rafting on the Crocodile River based at the Lion & Safari Park near Hartbeespoort Dam, just 1 hour from Johannesburg.
Rafting will be in an inflatable 2-man canoe, so you will be in control of your own boat. Be prepared for a bit of work-out as you will be paddling your own boats. The distance we raft is 7kms, and takes about 2 hours
• On arrival you will sign indemnities, and gear up for an epic trip.
• Then take a 20 min trip through the Lion Park to the river, where you could see Lions, cheetahs, hyenas, wild dogs, giraffes, zebra & various bucks.
• At the river, we will do a safety briefing.
• No need to take anything on the river with you – we will take photos.
• We have a refreshment break halfway, which will include water, cold drinks, and snacks.
• Once completed we will drive you back to your vehicles at the Lion Park.
We take children from the age of 8, but the main criteria are that they are not afraid of water.
Due to the increased risk associated with taking children on the water, and the added attention our guides must pay to the kids, all kids pay standard rates. At the trip leader’s discretion, kids can be placed with adults in a raft, or with a guide.
– liquid refreshments & snacks on the river
– transport to & from the river from the Wild 5 base at Oribi Gorge Hotel
– access fees
– river guide fees
– Baggies / costume
– Long sleeve rash vest (if you have one) for the sun
– Towel & sunscreen
– Sense of humour