RIVER RAFTING – HARTBEESPOORT
River Rafting on the Crocodile River based at the Lion & Safari Park near Hartbeespoort Dam, just 1 hour from Johannesburg.
Join us for an exhilarating river rafting adventure on the Crocodile River, located near Hartbeespoort Dam and based at the Lion & Safari Park near Johannesburg. Experience the thrill of navigating grade 1 and grade 2 rapids, with the possibility of encountering some grade 3 rapids after rainfall. You’ll be in control of your own inflatable 2-man canoe, paddling through a scenic 7-kilometer stretch that takes approximately 2 hours.
Here’s a glimpse of the itinerary:
- Upon arrival, sign indemnities and gear up for the epic trip.
- Take a 20-minute journey through the Lion Park, where you might spot magnificent wildlife such as lions, cheetahs, hyenas, wild dogs, giraffes, zebras, and various bucks.
- Receive a thorough safety briefing before embarking on the river.
- Leave your belongings behind as we capture memorable photos along the way for you.
- Enjoy a refreshing break halfway through the adventure, with water, cold drinks, and snacks provided.
- At the end, we’ll drive you back to your vehicles at the Lion Park.
Get ready for an unforgettable river rafting experience that combines adventure, wildlife, and natural beauty. Book your trip now and prepare to paddle your way to excitement!
Children from the age of 8 are permitted on this river rafting experience near Hartbeespoort Dam and Johannesburg, but the main criteria are that they are not afraid of water.
Due to the increased risk associated with taking children on the water, and the added attention guides must pay to the kids, all kids pay standard rates. At the trip leader’s discretion, kids can be placed with adults in a raft, or with a guide.
🗸 Navigate the Crocodile River’s grade 1 and grade 2 rapids, with the added possibility of encountering grade 3 rapids after rainfall.
🗸 Take a 20-minute trip through the Lion Park to reach the river, where you’ll have the opportunity to spot incredible wildlife.
🗸 Enjoy the freedom of being in control of your own inflatable 2-man canoe as you paddle along the 7-kilometer stretch of the Crocodile River.
Duration: approx. 2 hours
Inclusions: all equipment hired (like Helmets, paddles, life jackets, boats), liquid refreshments & snacks on the river, transport to & from the river from the Wild 5 base at Oribi Gorge Hotel, access fees, and river guide fees.
Exclusions: Items of personal nature.
- River shoes or takkies (not slops)
- Baggies / swimming costume
- Long sleeve rash vest (if you have one) for the sun
- Towel & sunscreen
- Sense of humour
Add a day tour and explore Johannesburg’s sites and cultural history.