HOT AIR BALLOONING – MAGALIESBERG
Hot air ballooning above the tree tops of the beautiful Magaliesberg River Valley, just 45 km north of Johannesburg’s northern suburbs.
Experience an awe-inspiring hot air ballooning ride over the picturesque Magalies River Valley and the majestic Magaliesberg range near Johannesburg. Soar majestically high above the Magaliesberg range in the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage site, just 45 km north of Johannesburg’s northern suburbs. After landing, indulge in a sumptuous champagne breakfast at the Clubhouse, Pavilion, and Restaurant.
With professional pilots, attentive crew, and impeccable safety standards, with the longest-established licensed Balloon Airline in southern Africa. The rates include pre-flight tea, coffee, and biscuits, an approx. 60-minute flight, celebratory sparkling wine upon landing, and a delectable breakfast. Prepare for an unforgettable experience and create cherished memories in the skies of Magaliesberg. This activity is perfect for proposals, vow renewals, bucket list activities, anniversaries, and the whole family.
🗸Soar above the beautiful Magalies River Valley and the magnificent Magaliesberg range, enjoying the breathtaking views.
🗸After your hot air ballooning adventure over Magaliesberg, indulge in a delectable champagne breakfast.
🗸With professional pilots, attentive crew, immaculately maintained equipment, and five aviation safety awards, you can trust that you are in good hands
Duration: 1 hour flight. We advise passengers to set aside approximately 3 to 4 hours for the morning’s activity (check-in, flight, return transfer to launch site and breakfast).
Inclusions:A hot cup of tea, coffee, and biscuits served from the clubhouse pavilion before your flight just after sunrise. The flight of approximately 60 minutes over the Magalies River Valley. On landing, a celebratory glass of sparkling wine whilst the professional crew pack up the balloons. Breakfast in the clubhouse, overlooking the beautiful Magalies Mountains. As well as a “Citation for Bravery”
Exclusions: Items of personal nature.
The meeting time is determined by the date of departure. Hot air balloongs only fly once per day, and the meeting time is always before sunrise
Terms and Conditions – please read!
- Please note pregnant passengers may not participate in the hot air ballooning (for safety precautions).
- Fitness: Participants must be nimble enough to climb in and out of the 1350mm high basket without assistance. And be able to jump unassisted from a height of 60cm. And stand for the duration of the flight; approx. one hour unless stated otherwise. If these conditions of fitness cannot be met, special conditions will apply which may allow for frail, disabled, or challenged passengers.
- Before booking pre-existing medical conditions, and recent surgical procedures, must be disclosed.
- We do require a minimum of 4 passengers to justify a scheduled flight – these can be from separate reservations. We advise that you consult us first before quoting or confirming your client. Space is limited, and reservations are subject to availability.
- Full and final payment is due 7 days before the date of departure.
- The ticket must be used within 12 months of the original date of issue.
- Please keep in mind that hot air ballooning is 100% weather dependent. Should we have to cancel the flight due to unsafe flying conditions (such as strong wind or rain), then we will not be held liable for any accommodation reservations made in anticipation of the hot air balloon flight.
- Hot air ballooning is subject to safe flying conditions.
- If the guest needs to postpone the booking, a minimum of 5 working days’ notice needs to be sent in writing. If notice is not received, then the ticket shall be non-re-bookable/non-refundable.
- Children must be 7 years and older to participate in a hot air balloon flight & children must be 1.3 meters in height – and be able to see over the edge of the basket. Children Passengers will be measured on the morning of the flight, at check-in, to ensure they comply with the minimum height requirement. Should the child not be deemed tall enough to safely participate in the hot air balloon activity the flight ticket will be forfeited (non-refundable nor re-bookable).
- Should you miss the flight, the flight tickets will be forfeited as per the Terms and Conditions.
Looking for more activities to do? Have a look through our Gauteng activities!