Sometimes having fun in summer can drain our wallets faster than a blow-up pool with a puncture – but not to worry, we have the perfect summer activities for you that won’t break the bank! Whether it’s river rafting in Hazyview, boat cruises, or surfing lessons – we’re making summer affordable for you!
Here are a few activities that will definitely cool you down this summer:
River Rafting in Hazyview, Mpumalanga
Picture this – paddle in your hands, raft under you, lifejacket strapped on and the gushing water of the Sabie River bubbling around you – doesn’t that sound refreshing? With more than 20 rapids to tackle, you’ll learn what it means to navigate rough waters!
- Opening times Monday – Sunday, 10am or 2pm
- Good to know Booking a day in advance is advised as it gets booked out quickly!
- Cost R450 per person (Wednesday special R340 per person)
Surfing Lessons in Muizenberg, Western Cape
Surf’s Up in Cape Town’s cool and crisp ocean, where we teach you to surf and get standing up in one lesson! With surfing lessons in Muizenberg, you’ll be sure to make some waves in no time!
- Opening times Monday – Sunday, from 7am
- Good to know The best time to surf is low-tide
- Cost R370 per person
Cape Town Waterbike in Simons Town, Western Cape
Do you love bicycles and the ocean? If so, you’ll love this activity! Pedal your way around the coast of Simon’s Town on a Waterbike – it’s like riding a bicycle, but on the ocean!
- Opening times Monday – Sunday, from 9am
- Good to know Upgrade to the 2hour tour which visits the Penguins at Boulders Beach!
- Cost R490 per person
Tubing/Geckoing in Sabie, Mpumalanga
The easiest way to – quite literally – make a splash is to go down the Sabie River while Tubing! From paddling with your hands to yelling with excitement over the rapids – this activity is guaranteed to cool you down in the heat of summer!
- Opening times Monday – Sunday, from 2pm
- Good to know Sabie was voted as Town of the year in 2012
- Cost R520 per person (Monday special R480 per person)
Beachfront Cruise in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Slow down, relax and take a leisurely beachfront cruise in Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth) and feel the ocean breeze on your face. If you get lucky you might even spot some ocean wildlife like southern right whales, Indo-pacific bottlenose dolphins, and even some African penguins!
- Opening times Monday – Sunday, from 1pm
- Good to know This trip needs a minimum of 6 people to go out – so make it a party with your closest friends!
- Cost R500 per person
While some might think cooling down in summer isn’t very cost-effective, we’ve got deals that will leave your wallet smiling!
Discover more information and other activities when you book with Tours & Tickets SA online at www.tours-tickets.co.za